Updated 25 May 2018
(https://www.reflectingonchurch.org) or subscribe to our mailing lists.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or our mailing lists you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. I have a hideously bad memory even for important things like websites I want to visit and my own user names and passwords so be assured that I quickly forget lots of the information that my website and mailing system provides.
What we collect
We may collect, store, and use the following kinds of personal data:
Information about your computer and any visits you make to the website (including IP address, browser type, referral source, location of your computer, and number of page views, etc). This information is not connected to you personally and only used for analytics purposes.
Name and e-mail address that you give us for the expressed purpose of subscribing to services (such as our e-mail updates) or publications.
What we do with the information we gather.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To provide information or resource you specifically request.
- To provide a personalised service, such as customised website content or personalised emails.
- To keep records of your relationship with us e.g., feedback you have given, post comments, or complaints you have made.
- The anonymous/analytics information we collect about your computer may be used for market research and statistic gathering purposes from time to time.
- I like to know how many people are visiting my blog so that I can hold small celebrations when I go over a certain number of readers for each post.
- I can also like to tell which of my friends that live in really out of the way places have read my blog posts – it reminds me to think of you and your work and makes me smile.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We use reputable sites and tools to collect data (eg. mail chimp and google analytics), and use electronic safeguards for what is stored on location. Despite all our efforts, the internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure, and there is always a risk when you submit data.
- Although I prefer cookies that you can eat I do use internet cookies on my site. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our web site in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better web site, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the web site.
Controlling your personal information
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us at christina(@)breadandpomegranates.com
- We will not sell, distribute, lease or otherwise share your personal information with third parties unless we are required to do so by law.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of this information please contact us.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- All emails contain links to update or unsubscribe that you can make use of at any time.
reflecting on church may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.